Cape May, NJ
Victorian Towers is a six story 204-unit affordable senior apartment building located in the heart of downtown Cape May, New Jersey. Opened in 1973, Victorian Towers serves individuals who are 62 or older. In 2018 the building underwent a substantial renovation, which included new windows, a new exterior façade, and all new common areas (hallways, lobbies and community room).
All of the units in the building are subject to federal income restrictions. In 2019, the maximum income for a qualified one-person household is $29,300. The maximum income for a two-person household is $33,450. Most residents qualify for rental subsidies. For those who qualify, the tenant-paid portion of the monthly rent is set at 30% of the resident household income calculated in accordance with HUD income rules.
Victorian Towers has 84 studio units and 120 one-bedroom units. Most of the apartments have a hallway foyer entrance that flows into the kitchen/living room area. Studio units have a full kitchen, full bathroom and a living/dining/sleeping area with closet space. One-bedroom units feature two entryway closets, full kitchen, full bathroom, living/dining area and a separate bedroom with additional closet space.
In addition to its strategic location at the foot of Cape May’s famous Washington Street pedestrian mall, the building also provides several community spaces for the residents to enjoy time together, including:
- a large community room that includes a kitchen, game room, a multipurpose area with fireplace lounge and three private rooms for smaller group activities;
- front and rear porches with rocking chairs;
- a paved outdoor patio with a fountain, tables and chairs and lush landscaping; and
- park bench seating along the main entrances to the building.
Safety is a priority, and the building is kept secure through a keyless entry system on the building doors. In addition, there are security cameras placed strategically throughout the property. Each unit includes an intercom system for residents to confirm the identity of visitors before remotely allowing entry. Our full-time maintenance staff also provides on-call coverage for maintenance emergencies that occur outside of regular business hours.
To ensure that we are able to help our residents meet the challenges of growing older, the Victorian Towers team includes a full-time Service Coordinator. The Service Coordinator assists residents in obtaining needed social, psychological, nutritional and medical supports so that they can enjoy the highest quality of life possible. We also sponsor various educational events such as blood pressure screenings, diabetes awareness, vision screenings and health fairs. The Service Coordinator also works with our active senior community to develop recreational programs, including exercise and yoga classes, coloring groups, arts and crafts and other special events.
- Located in the heart of Historic Cape May
- Easy pedestrian access to beautiful beaches, restaurants, shopping and supermarket
- Smoke Free Building
- Electric ranges and refrigerators in each apartment
- Window blinds
- Central laundry with card-operated washers & dryers
- Automobile parking on the premises (waiting list)
- Community room; game room; small meeting rooms
- Front and rear porches; outdoor patio with fountain
One small household pet is allowed such as a cat or a dog which does not (or will not) exceed 25 pounds when fully grown. A refundable deposit is charged for pets.
For more information:
For more information about Victorian Towers, please contact us: